Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Reality of Forcasts


Reality of forecasts

Come New Year and horoscopes are grabbed. One may or may not be a believer, but I am yet to see a person who does not check about his/her future.
I too was keen to know what the stars had for me in the next one year. It was quite interesting to go through such predictions. And I always tend to hope that the good things as predicted do happen and the not-so-good things don’t happen!
One forecast said 2013 will come as a highly satisfying year. Yoga and meditation will give immense gratification. I don’t know whether these things are going to happen because my New Year resolutions have nothing to do with these predictions.
The year will also come with ‘greatly unusual situations’ that will throw opportunities to be grabbed; and in each of these situations, there will be “new learning experiences”.
New learning experiences! Quite fascinating? I wonder what could come up as “new learning experiences” in the days ahead. One can’t conjecture but one can always hope, as I do, that the coming months may come with solutions to the hitherto-unfulfilled goals that have remained a bit too hazy.
Another ‘source’ says I am set to be a footloose, traveling and experiencing the wonders of nature within and outside the country. This seems to be a bit closer to my wishful desires and is indeed one of the New Year resolutions that have remained unfulfilled for quite sometime now.
Many of you may say one need not be serious about such “starry predictions”. Yes, I will go with you, but if one gets serious on the possibility of such happenings happening, and starts working hard towards their realisation, what is the harm?
I would like to take you to E M Foster, “Failure or success seems to have been allotted to men by their stars. But they retain the power of wriggling, of fighting with their star or against it; and in the whole universe the only really interesting movement is this wriggle.”
Ht inner voice 08 Jan 13

No comments:

Post a Comment